Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A bit sore today

Last night's workout was tough. It was 50 min in total. I spent 10 min warming up on the bike and then did 6 sets of 2 min hard and 1 min easy pedaling. I always try to push myself. I don't like listening to the voice in my head that tells me I can take it easy. I mean c'mon, isn't that what I've been doing most of my life (regarding excercise)? I have to something different.

So normal fast RPMs on the bike for me are between 95-100. So I wanted to do better last night. I kept a couple of the fast 2 min segments at around 110 RPMs and then for the last, I kept hearing Master Kunkel say "This is your last. Make it your best!" So I pushed as hard as I could and got it up to 120 RPMs. Whew! I did it! I finished up with 6 minutes of pretty easy riding at about 80 RPMs.

Then onto the elliptical. With my legs already burning I knew these last 16 minutes would be hard. I was supposed to do 10 min moderate and 6 min easy. I guess moderate for me would be 50 RPMs but I'm trying to increase that, so I shot for between 55-60 rpms. That lasted for about 6 minutes and then I had to bring it down (right around 50 rpms). I didn't know if I'd actually be able to finish but I kept pushing and I did.

I am trying to focus on celebrating when I make it through a really tough workout. Usually I'm a little pooped and feeling worn out and just glad it's done but I am finding I really need to celebrate these accomplishments. It changes my mindset from being a big woman on a bike trying to do something I can't to that of an athlete. :)

What's a recent accomplishment I can celebrate with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment