Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pep Talk

Sometimes you just need a pep talk.

Thursday and Friday were not good days. I was feeling dejected and a bit hopeless. I'm having trouble losing weight. I eat pretty good except for those darn stinkin' sweets...my sweet tooth is the size of Texas some days. And with the amount of excercise I've been doing, I had imagined I would be melting away the pounds...but not yet. If any, it must be coming off in 1/4 pounds per week.

On my way out of the office on Friday I was sharing a bit with Jenny, my sweet and understanding co-worker. She listened and shared how she understood but it was a few words she said that really encouraged me. She shared how she saw me, that I was one of the most determined people she knew and she had no doubt that I would reach my goals.

I thank the Lord for her and for her pep talk. I really needed it at that moment and God knew it. Thanks to them both I'm encouraged and pressing on.

If you get a second, check out Jenny's blog. It's one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. Awh! I feel so honored that the Lord would use me to encourage you! You are a beautiful, strong, inspiring woman and I love being your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny! You are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete