Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Beautiful Spring Day

Today was a beauuuutiful day! In the high 60's with the sun raining down on us and a cool breeze blowing. Perfect combination. Chris and I went to The Heritage Gardens. They have a beautiful pond with ducks and a couple benches to sit and enjoy. Chris, my bestest friend in the world, is a fabulous photographer --check out her website. She offered to take some pictures of me and they turned out good. I couldn't seem to get them all posted here, so check out the rest on facebook.




















I was playing with shadows. This is a thumbs up for a the beautiful day.





















The first of the beautiful shots Chris snapped.















































Self-portrait of me and Chris.









































I love seeing Lilac all over Colorado this time of year. It has the brightest color and most wonderful fragrance [long inhale...ahhh].

It think it's officially springtime in Colorado Springs!

4 comments:

  1. Those are really nice pictures! That tree shot is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. It was such a beautiful day out and my best friend, Chris, captured the shot of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tarah. I wanted to return the blog visit and thank you for your kind comment on mine. I see, however, that you haven't been blogging lately!.

    Now, to try and answer your question. We use Neal Kinsey's testing service and they use the Albrecht system. They recommend testing for three years in a row, to make adjustments as needed. I think this is especially true of land that is badly out of balance because it takes several years to return it to a fertile state.

    That said, we're doing it a little different. Because of limited finances and resources, we plan to test and amend one area each year. We started with our worst field, and are working our way through them all, about 4 or 5 fenced areas. Once we have the last one done, we'll go back to the first and test it again. It will need some amendments, but it shouldn't be anywhere as bad as the first year. Many of those trace minerals are available to the soil for years! That means every browse area will get test about every 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, I apologize for not responding. As you could tell, I had not blogged in a while. And I must have switched e-mails a while back because notification of comments were going to an old address.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog. I've just started up again so maybe you'll find something fun to read here.

      I have really enjoyed your blog and learning from all your research. I hope someday to be able to do a lot of the things you are doing now.

      Congrats on all the new kids on your homestead! You had quite the week!

      Delete