Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting Back In Shape

The last couple workouts have been harder than I thought. It's not because the workouts themselves are difficult, but because I'm out of shape. It amazes me how long it takes to get in shape but how quickly you can get out of shape. I've been active, engaged in intense workouts at TKD and at the gym, since June 2004. I've only been inactive for about 7 months and I can really feel the difference.

My main concerns are my joints, especially my knees. So I am working on strenghtening them. I noticed the strain on them after Friday's 40 minute walk. I iced them that night and they are better. I am being a little cautious at the beginning because I have a long term goal. However, I hope to be jogging some of each workout in February. I'm pretty sure I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment