Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shoe check and fur hood lining

I took a walk at dusk tonight. I was scheduled for a 20 minute walk today but got distracted playing with my new Netbook (basically a mini-laptop). I looked up and was startled by the diming sun light. So I bundled up to go for a walk around the park just east of my house. It was WINDY. Anyone who lives with lots of wind knows how much colder it can be when it's windy.

I was trying to be tough and not use my hood but I couldn't do it! There must be some lingering Floridian in me trying to keep warm. I pulled on my hood and snapped it closed but that wasn't enough. The wind was still blowing into my hood. I had to use the draw strings to pull it tight around my face. I look like an Inuit when I do that.

At this point I have to interject that I am terribly fond of the faux fur lining on my hood. It is amazing at keeping the wind off my face and therefore keeping it much warmer. If you have never had a hood with fur lining, go snag one from a friend and try it. It's really quite amazing.

The walk was a good one. Walking in a public park on the earth, not a sidewalk, does pose certain areas of concentration not found on a treadmill. For example, you have to watch out for divits and holes so you don't trip. The other, you can imagine, is why I do a shoe check before I come in the house...yes, the dreaded doggie fertilizer. Hee hee...thankfully I was fertilizer free after my walk tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment